2015 'Tartan' Red Blend
Opening with aromas of cinnamon, blackberry, and clove, our 2015 ‘Tartan’ is a perfectly balanced blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, & Petit Verdot, highlighting the best components that each varietal has to offer. The flavors of dark chocolate,blueberries, and Bing cherries are layered on the structured palate while the dusty tannins and subtle French oak flow into the lush, supple finish. Drink now through 2028. We suggest decanting this wine.
- 56% Merlot, 34% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Petit Verdot
- 56% Brokenrock Vineyard, 22% Max Vineyard & 22% Juliana Vineyard
HARVEST DATES & AVERAGE BRIX
- October 4th, 2015 – October 10th, 2015 at 27 average degrees brix
- Whole-berry fermentation in stainless steel fermenters followed by wet cap immersion, totaling 25 days of extended maceration
- 22 months in 40% new French oak barrels